Kavanaugh Apologizes To Klobuchar For Asking Her If She's Ever Blacked Out

Senate Judiciary Committee

President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh mentioned beer and enjoying beer nearly 30 times while denying drunkenly sexually assaulting Christine Blasey Ford.

The exchange even seemed to rally hard-core Kavanaugh supporters to Klobuchar, like the blogger Erick Erickson, who has spent the last few weeks excoriating Democrats over their handling of the harassment allegations.

The White House argued Friday that Kavanaugh's testimony about drinking was not meant to be misleading, but provided "context" about how Maryland high schoolers obtained beer.

Time and again, Kavanaugh returned to his defense of drinking. I drank beer with my friends. Sometimes others did. I liked beer.

"There is a bright line between drinking beer, which I gladly do, and which I fully embrace, and sexually assaulting someone, which is a violent crime". Yes, we drank beer, I like beer, I still like beer, we drank beer. That means Kavanaugh was legal there for only the final four months of his senior year at Georgetown Prep, following his February 12, 1983 birthday. In the summer of 1982, seven months before he turned 18, the state raised the legal drinking age for beer and wine from 18 to 21. "The drinking age as I noted was 18, so the seniors were legal".

He also told the committee, "If every American who drinks beer or every American who drank beer in high school is suddenly presumed guilty of sexual assault, it will be an ugly new place in this country".

Once Kavanaugh started attending Yale in the fall of 1983, the legal picture was more complicated. That, however, did not apply to Kavanaugh: He didn't turn 18 until the following February.

Kavanaugh: Yea and I'm curious if you have. The drinking age there did not increase to 21 from 18 until 1986.

Russian spy poisoning: Skripal suspect's 'real identity revealed'
Britain has said the attack received approval "at a senior level of the Russian state", an accusation Moscow has fiercely denied. Russia's foreign ministry has previously denounced Bellingcat, alleging the group is related to Western intelligence agencies.

"What I think Sen". Since I have given up all hope of a Supreme Court nomination, I can readily admit that the varying legality of my alcohol consumption had no impact on it, except that I sometimes relied on older friends to buy liquor for me. "We drank beer, I like beer", Kavanaugh said. "So whatever, you know", Kavanaugh replied.

"Nor do I", Kavanaugh said.

It is, of course, laughable to imagine Kavanaugh and his high school buddies consulting "a blood-alcohol chart" before deciding whether to have another brewski.

Klobuchar added that Kavanaugh "didn't really answer the question" of whether he ever blacked out. "And yes, the seniors were legal and had beer there". Do you like beer, senator, or not? Young people learn their limits through practice, and those limits vary from person to person.

She directly asked him if he ever "drank so much that you can't remember what happened or part of what happened the night before".

Kavanaugh answered: "No. I remember what happened".

Kavanaugh also said that he never woke up without his clothes or forgot what happened the night before.

President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee said a number of times that he had never drank to the point of memory loss. Yeah, we drank beer, and I said sometimes, sometimes probably had too many beers, and sometimes other people had too many beers. Nowadays nearly none of them are legally allowed to drink, even though many of them are considered adults in nearly every other respect. Instead high school and college students bumble along, learning from mistakes they might have avoided. That perverse situation was the unacknowledged subtext of all the beer talk at Thursday's hearing.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Typhoon Trami hits flood-battered Japan
Oct 01, 2018 - 08:26
Typhoon Trami was near Nagoya as of 10PM Sunday night and forecasters expect it to move past Tokyo by early Monday. Typhoon Trami was the equivalent of Category 2 hurricane when it passed over the Ryukyu Islands late Friday.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Jeff Flake: No re-election made Kavanaugh compromise possible - 60 Minutes
Oct 01, 2018 - 05:45
Chris Coons for a joint interview on 60 Minutes on Sunday to talk about the dramatic events that led to the Kavanaugh FBI probe. Grassley said the committee took the allegations seriously, and questioned Kavanaugh about them on September 25.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Former prosecutor reveals why GOP senators booted Rachel Mitchell - Kavanaugh was cracking
Sep 30, 2018 - 09:36
Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, said he expected the council would conduct all questioning of Ford, "although I'm very capable of doing it". Christine Blasey Ford , who alleges the nominee sexually assaulted her in high school, began her testimony on Thursday.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top An emotional Brett Kavanaugh professes his innocence
Sep 30, 2018 - 06:50
DIANNE FEINSTEIN: It took a public outcry for the majority to back down and give her even a few days to come before the committee. In written testimony released Wednesday, Kavanaugh said, "I categorically and unequivocally deny the allegation against me by Dr.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Where to Get the Best Deals on National Coffee Day
Sep 30, 2018 - 06:39
This Saturday, Cumberland Farms will celebrate by giving away a free hot or iced coffee of any size at participating locations. There's only one small thing you have to do to get the coffee and, if you're smart, you've probably done it already.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Lindsay Lohan Gets Punched in the Face Trying to Steal Refugee Children
Sep 30, 2018 - 05:57
It doesn't matter if you're the number one fan of someone, seeing them behave like this is inexcusable, as is cheering them on. Lohan has been laying low for a while, but this aggressive act of unsolicited kindness is putting her back in the spotlight.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Daniel Sturridge stunner snatches late point for Liverpool at Chelsea
Sep 30, 2018 - 05:54
Despite boasting a decent enough return of three goals in seven league appearances, Mohamed Salah clearly isn't on top of his game.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Senate Judiciary Committee Votes On Brett Kavanaugh's Supreme Court Nomination
Sep 30, 2018 - 01:37
She's accused Kavanaugh and Judge of "abusive" behavior toward women and of being present at a party where she was raped. The fallout was enormous , but despite this, Kavanaugh's confirmation appeared all but certain.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Close shave for 47 on board as Boeing lands in lagoon
Sep 28, 2018 - 11:11
The Boeing 737-800 aircraft hit the lagoon surrounding the small island about 9.30 am local time (2330 GMT Thursday), Emilio said. Papua New Guinea Accident Investigation Commission is now preparing a team to investigate the site of the accident.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Tesla Builds Its Own Car Carriers to Keep Up With Demand
Sep 28, 2018 - 11:10
Last quarter, Tesla built 53,339 vehicles including 28,578 Model 3s. "If we haven't reached out to you, reach out to us", he said .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top The most memorable moments from Christine Blasey Ford's testimony
Sep 28, 2018 - 10:30
Donald Trump reportedly criticised Mr Kavanaugh's demur performance in his Fox News interview earlier in the week. She added: "I was just focused on what I was going to say and my fear about that".

Friday morning committee vote could set up quick Kavanaugh confirmation
Sep 28, 2018 - 08:43
A lawyer for Kavanaugh says they were friends who once attended an event together and "shared a brief kiss good night". A spokesperson for Eshoo did not immediately respond to questions about whether the leak came from Eshoo's office.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top This picture of Meghan Markle shutting her car door has shocked Britain
Sep 27, 2018 - 14:37
Some social media users praised the Duchess for closing the door while others joked she may have cost someone their job. Meghan said as she took a look at her dress.

United States judge Brett Kavanaugh faces fresh allegations
Sep 27, 2018 - 14:29
Kavanaugh's FBI background investigation. "I look forward to defending my name, defending my integrity", Kavanaugh said. Kavanaugh strongly denied the allegations by Swetnick, 55, who has worked extensively for the federal government.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Trump says he’d ‘certainly prefer not’ to fire Rosenstein
Sep 27, 2018 - 13:59
Even if Rosenstein survives the week, it's not clear how much longer he'll be around. Trump added, "My preference would be to keep him and to let him finish up".