Ronaldo breaks silence on rape allegation

Cristiano Ronaldo

"I don't like this press conference", Mourinho said.

A former American model Kathryn Mayorga, 34, of Las Vegas, accused Ronaldo, in a 32-page complaint filed last month with a district court in Nevada, of raping her on June 13, 2009 just before he joined Real Madrid from United.

It was the first time Ronaldo formally addressed the allegation since he made a statement via Twitter on October 3, in which he "firmly" denied the accusations and called rape "an abominable crime that goes against everything that I am and believe in".

Cristiano Ronaldo has paid tribute to Sir Alex Ferguson as the former Manchester United forward prepares for a "special" return to Old Trafford with Juventus.

Ronaldo said, "I'm not going to lie in this situation, I'm very happy". I told the players we have to keep that happiness, pride and confidence of the way we played. The rest, I have people who take care of my life. So I am always smiling, I am happy man.

"My lawyers are confident and I am too".

"I enjoy football, my life".

Trump Calls Migrant Caravan a National Emergency
The Trump administration has signalled its intentions to throttle legal immigration from the region even further. Two days later, Trump threatened to order the military to shut down the U.S. -Mexico border.

At one stage, Ronaldo looked to be in danger of missing the game entirely after he was shown a red card in Juve's Champions League opener against Valencia for pulling Jeison Murillo's hair, but in the end he was only given a one-match ban.

"I think Martial is like the team", Mourinho said.

"It'll be like that for another two or three years, as Cristiano Ronaldo's arrival shows the extent of the gap". If the press conference is going in other directions then I want to go in another direction.

"When I knew we were playing Manchester United, it was a huge thing for me".

"I hope everyone does the same as I did which is to not disturb the career of a young guy who is probably a great guy, who probably is a coach with great potential".

"I don't want to compare Real and Juve". I don't want to speak about Pogba, I don't want to speak about individuals or Spanish journalists.

Related news:

Hot News

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Canada shaken by four powerful quakes
Oct 23, 2018 - 00:52
In September, around 40 people were killed and another 681 were injured after Hokkaido was struck by a 6.7 magnitude quake . A strong magnitude 6.6 natural disaster has struck just off the west coast of Vancouver Island late Sunday evening.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Jamal Khashoggi's killing was a tremendous mistake: Saudi Arabia
Oct 23, 2018 - 00:49
Saudi court officials have attributed the death to a physical confrontation gone wrong, saying Khashoggi died in a chokehold. Khashoggi went missing after he entered the Saudi Arabian consulate in Istanbul on October 2 to retrieve marriage documents.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Boy or girl: Duke of Sussex reveals his choice
Oct 23, 2018 - 00:39
However, Meghan took a break from the Invictus Games events yesterday morning though Harry watched a cycling competition. The two happily held hands as they walked along a picturesque jetty after taking a boat out to Kingfisher Bay.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Hurricane Willa nears landfall in Mexico
Oct 23, 2018 - 00:18
Willa was about 230 miles (370 km) south-southwest of Cabo Corrientes in Mexico with maximum sustained winds of 130 mph (215 kph). Hurricane force winds are forecast to hit San Blas to Mazatlan, including Las Islas Marias where hurricane warnings are in place.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Lakers’ Ingram, Rondo to miss game against Suns
Oct 23, 2018 - 00:17
Following the coming together of Paul and Rondo, Ingram ran from half-court and threw a punch in the direction of Paul and P.J. Tucker, but it didn't land flush. "If you wanted to suspend him one (game) I get it, just to make a statement.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Purdue Absolutely Mashed Ohio State To End The Buckeyes Undefeated Season
Oct 22, 2018 - 07:25
Big props to Washington State after they upset No. 12 OR and shut down one of college football's top passers in Justin Herbert. He sent his field-goal unit out onto the field, but instead of going for three he called for a fake that worked to perfection.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Patriots RB Michel out against Bears with gruesome knee injury
Oct 22, 2018 - 07:22
Regardless, the Patriots are extremely thin at running back and will need to make a trade this week if Michel is out long-term. White's long-awaited redemption story was not meant to be. "Just go out there and make a play if the ball comes your way".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Police say dozens of infant remains found in second Detroit funeral home
Oct 22, 2018 - 04:13
Since April, 38 unattended bodies and 269 containers of cremated remains have been discovered in the facility. More than 60 human foetuses have been found stashed in cardboard boxes and freezers at funeral home in MI .

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Czech Ex-Intel Chief Slams West for Double Standards After Khashoggi's Death
Oct 22, 2018 - 03:24
He also urged Turkey to turn over purported audio recordings of Khashoggi's killing inside the Saudi consulate in Istanbul. Saudi Arabia said 18 Saudi suspects were taken into custody and intelligence officials were fired.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Manchester United meltdown shows why Sarri wanted lethal Higuain
Oct 22, 2018 - 01:09
Despite reported interest from Premier League clubs and overseas , Martial stayed put and has since made six league appearances. The ability to score so late in games was a hallmark of Sir Alex Ferguson's great Manchester United teams.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Warren defends decision to release DNA test
Oct 20, 2018 - 05:49
If this was Warren's attempt to stop Trump's schoolyard taunts (as if) and tip opinion in her favor, it was a spectacular failure. Even the Cherokee Nation broke her claims with the following statement: "A DNA test is useless to determine tribal citizenship.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Your Ball: So, what are your first impressions of Lakers?
Oct 20, 2018 - 05:38
However, the Heat and Cavaliers (second stint) made eight consecutive NBA Finals combined with him. Lillard scored a game high 28 points with Stauskas adding an additional 24.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Floyd Mayweather has made his feelings clear about a Conor McGregor rematch
Oct 20, 2018 - 04:27
Floyd Mayweather has locked in on his next opponent. "Don't pay attention to it", White told ESPN on Thursday. "He's insane . Khabib criticized Floyd for not being able to do what he did during their fight this month - knock the Irishman down.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Migrant Caravan Tears Down Border Fence, Storms Mexico
Oct 20, 2018 - 01:20
Trump ran for president in 2016 on promises to toughen US immigration policies and build a wall along the USA border with Mexico. The latest on the caravan of Central American migrants trying to advance toward the United States.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Audio recordings indicate torture, dismemberment of Saudi journalist
Oct 20, 2018 - 01:15
Saudi officials have not responded to repeated requests for comment from the AP in recent days, including Wednesday. Shortly thereafter, media reported that Riyadh would recognize that an interrogation of the journalist went wrong.